Red Carpet: Austin Film Festival 2018, "Antiquities"
I think I’m getting the hang of this on camera makeup thing.
Think in italics. Meaning scientifically unproven. Uncertain for the time being.
• Almay skin matching makeup aka. an ultra light foundation and their concealer under the eyes. No powder this time or highlighter. NOTE: This product is fantastic in the texture and consistency; its color is way off and shouldn’t be labeled “pale” or “light.” I do better with the Almay Clear Complexion foundation in Porcelain.
• Ardell lashes #111 cut in half. Their lash strips are mega long. Look how long they are cut in half on my eyes! I’m curious how their brown fake lashes look on camera. Ardell’s regular lashes, glamorous nonetheless, are really black beside my eyebrows, hair, and lashes. Might the brown photograph more realistically? We’ll find out sometime.
• Lancome brow pencil in Auburn. As always, my eyebrows are thick but need backup because brows tend to disappear on camera.
• Mario Badescu mist: Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea. Used this after I applied my makeup to see if it gave me a healthy glow on camera. The mist has a pinch of grease but not actual moisturizing.
• Almay eyeshaodw in Thrill Seeker applied very gently to appear a faint greyish-blue.
• e.l.f. Lip Balm Tint in Berry. Thanks to poor circulation, my lips often lack much color. I can go out totally makeup free but must always use some kind of lip balm tint to look healthy. On me, the berry shade doesn’t look vibrant. On you, it might.
• Express shirt: Portofino slim fit. Classic shirts if ever for any occasion. You can wear them with half sleeves buttoned, or long. I chose half a sleeve just below the elbows.
• Gap Body black bra underneath. I recently switched over to Gap Body for all my underwire bras and was blown away by how good they are.
• A Milly pineapple skirt with a nude colored skirt underneath it for modesty. I purchased the pineapple skirt a long time ago when I saw Tamron Hall, a former NBC anchorwoman, wearing it and making it look like a billion bucks. Unbeknownst to me, the skirt has this massive slit in the back right underneath my underwear that’s a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. I had to wear it with another skirt underneath to feel confident and not flash everyone behind me at a professional gathering. The store I bought it from didn’t have a good indicator of how long the slit is on their mannequin!
• Hanky Panky beneath the skirts. Love them. Love their underwear. Seamless and always invisible. One size fits all!
• Dillards shoes. Yellow! Super short heels. Very cozy. I’m all about the cozy.
• Stella McCartney clutch.